I was supposed to do this last week, but I totally missed the boat. I was nominated by my friend, Brenda Hendricks. Check out her blog for her responses!
But, better late than never so here’s my answers:
1) What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or historic? Definitely fictional. Ginger Sanders is a successful radio psychologist in San Francisco. She’s finally achieved her dream: a syndicated show. But before she can savor her success, she accidentally tells a caller that her husband needs to beat a little sense into her. Quicker than you can say “Oops,” Ginger is fired. At home, she discovers that her husband left her. A week ago. And she was too busy to notice. All of a sudden, the woman with all the answers has none.
2) When and where is the story set? The story begins in San Francisco, California. When Ginger’s life falls apart, she heads to her hometown of Hart’s Leap, in the Sierra Nevada mountains, just south of Yosemite. Her mom is having surgery so she goes home to take care of Mom and figure out how her life went so wrong.
3) What should we know about him/her? Ginger has always had an opinion and an answer for anything. When her life falls apart, she’s forced to accept that she’s not quite as together as she thought.
4) What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life? Ginger herself messes up her life. She thinks she’s doing the right thing, but she’s waaaay off course. When Ginger discovers that her mother has become a hoarder, she orders the house cleaned out. This is not a good idea.
5) What is the personal goal of the character? Ginger wants her marriage and her family back.
6) Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it? GINGER SNAPS BACK is my working title.
7) When can we expect the book to be published? Hopefully in 2015 or early 2016. God willing.
And now, to continue the blog hop, I nominate : Cora Ramos and Beth Shriver. Thanks!
2 thoughts on “Book Talk Tuesday: A Sneak Peek”
I SO want to read this book!!!
I SO want you to, LOL!
Comments are closed.