My friend and fellow writer Victoria Pitts-Caine nominated me to the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers. Thank you to her for including me in this fun exercise.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 10 questions they’ve sent you.
- Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are the questions Vicki asked me:
1. What’s your happiest holiday memory?
I remember several childhood Christmases with great fondness. Christmas was always a time of overabundance. Lots of presents, lots of food, lots of family to share it all with. I know many advocate scaling back to defeat commercialism and a sense of entitlement, but I just can’t do it. Everyone gets a gift from me. To my husband’s despair.
- Who was your favorite grade school teacher?
I was the weird kid who always liked school. I had several teachers I really enjoyed. Miss Cam Corlett in the fifth grade was definitely a favorite. And Mrs. Sumter from Boston in sixth grade also makes the cut. Mrs. Kuchenmeister deserves a mention just for her memorable name.
- If life had taken you down a different path, what would you be doing now?
Oddly enough, I was thinking about that just this morning. I was thinking about a few friends from high school: the straight-laced guy who became an alcoholic. The free-spirit (and free-thinker) who became a Christian and lives the straight and narrow life now. The poet who died last year of cancer. Life never takes us down the expected path. I think I’d probably be either an attorney or an actress. Both careers appealed to me. I think I’m too self-conscious to drop my innate reserve to be a really good actress though. The law … maybe.
- What place in the world would you like to visit?
Europe. I’ve never been and I want to see it all. The castles in England. The villas in Italy. The French countryside.
- What’s your favorite dessert?
If it’s not chocolate, it’s not really dessert.
- If you were told you only had one day to live, how would you spend it?
With my family, eating, drinking, and laughing.
- Which do you like to do best: a movie rental and a bowl of popcorn, a good book and a cup of hot chocolate, or a day at the beach ending with watching the sunset?
I don’t think I can choose between those. I love them all!
- What’s your favorite electronic gadget?
It’s a toss up between my phone and the DVR.
- How will you (or how did you) spend New Year’s Eve?
We used to live in Pasadena where they host a little parade every New Year’s Day–you may have heard of it. 😉 So New Year’s is a big deal to us. We usually travel back to Pasadena and stay with friends. We went to the home of some other good friends New Year’s Eve where we ate yummy food and visited and caught up with each other. We often go to the parade, but for 2015 we decided it was too cold and we watched the floats and bands from the warmth of our friends’s couch. Then we went to another couple’s home to watch the Rose Bowl. And to eat some more, in case we were still hungry after the morning cinnamon rolls.
- Pets – cats, dogs, fish? What do you have?
We’re boarding our grand-dog Harry. What was supposed to be temporary has turned into permanent. He still loves our daughter best, but he really loves living with us. We’re in the country so he’s got room to run and rabbits to chase and lots of smells to sniff. We also have two cats. One is a recent arrival who adopted us when someone dumped him off nearby. We’re glad he found us and decided we suit his needs. He’s a fun addition to the household.
Okay, now it’s my turn to nominate some fellow writers:
Brenda Hendricks, Shay Fuller, Lisa Lickel, Beth Shriver, Becky Duncan, Toni Weymouth, Kelly Stanhope, L.T. Kodzo, Garrison Frewer, Susan Glass, and Marilyn Greene.
My questions for the next group of
victims er … nominees:
1. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
2. Coffee or tea?
3. What’s your ideal Saturday look like?
4. Do you prefer beach or mountains for a getaway?
5. Favorite book in high school?
6. The classic book everyone raves about, but you just don’t ‘get.’
7. Favorite global cuisine?
8. Country or Pop music?
9. Must see holiday movie?
10. Do you watch any Bowl games? Rose? Super? Cotton?
Thank you friends! I look forward to reading your responses.