This series seems to divide people. They either love it or hate it. I’m in Camp Love It. I reviewed the first couple of Hunger Games books here.
Last week I finally made it to the theater to see the first part of Mockingjay. I’m glad I procrastinated a bit so that the wait for Part 2 won’t be quite as long.
What I like about the movies and the books:
- They unflinchingly show what is possible in America’s future.
- The stories are just plain good.
- They adhere pretty closely to the books.
What I like about Mockingjay, the movie, in particular:
- Katniss is a real character. She’s not perfect. She’s conflicted. Jennifer Lawrence is great in the role.
- The setting is exactly as described in the books and how I imagined it.
- It ended at exactly the right place to build anticipation for the next movie.
Have you seen any of the movies? Read any books? What do you think about them?