Next week I’ll be on my way to Ireland and the UK. Trip of a lifetime, anniversary/birthday celebrations, and vacation all rolled into one.
For a knitter and quilter, this poses a problem.
How much yarn and fabric should I buy?
Reasons for buying lots and lots of yardage and skeins:
- I don’t know when or if I’ll ever return and have the opportunity to buy, so I want to have no regrets.
- Fabric and yarn are fairly lightweight, and won’t add much bulk to my suitcase.
- There might be patterns or colors not available here.
Reasons to forbear buying anything new and shiny and pretty:
- With the internet, anything I see can probably be purchased later, just for more money and added shipping costs.
- I have two completed quilt tops waiting to be finished and one partially pieced top waiting. I should not buy more fabric until those projects are completed.
See my problem?
But oh, the pretty pretty colors and patterns …